• Announcements

• Artcore

Welcome!   08/08/2016

Welcome to the Tanki X forum. Please read the Forum Rules of Conduct, before continuing your activity on our forum.
      Any game related issues you encounter during the OBT, are to be reported on the Support Site!

• Cyborg

Weekly Sale!   09/05/2017

Steel Shaft, Steel Hornet, Gold Railgun, and Gold Viking skins are on sale this week: 25% off their regular price. The sale ends on January 15th, 4:00 AM UTC, 2018.
      The "Sport" coating is temporarily available for sale in your garage. Usually, this item drops exclusively from a container.

Artcore

Game Update 1.12.2017 - Changes to CTF and more

A small but very important update was implemented this morning. 

Interface

in CTF mode, we made it easier for our tankers to coordinate themselves on the map. 

We added location indicators for:

• Both blue and red base location
  • Both blue and red flag location when not in their base

Screenshot_34332-min.jpg.fb033b7be8b44e3bb79dbacfc14ce1fc.jpg

Screenshot_4332-min.jpg.86b27b816e02acce5fa9a317d36c58a8.jpg

Effects

• We added the new tank destruction physics and animations for the entire I skin line. 

Known Issues

• We're experiencing issues with the matchmaking, it doesn't always work as it's suppose. We will continue working on fixing this issue. 

Whatever the update is, please, discuss it constructively. 
For any game related issues, please refer to our support site: http://echo.tankix.com/ ⚠  
Make sure you search for the issue on the help site, before posting a new one, in order to avoid double posting

• Like 11
  • Upvote 1

Nice changes tho, love em!

Lil feedback: For my base, it says "Your Base", but for enemies it says "Enemy", which may confuse people into thinking that it's showing where is an enemy, and not their base.

Edited by CaptainMaxwell7
  • Thank you! 1

1 hour ago, Mazoni said:

Can't wait for Sergeys full reworked UI to come out!

Me too, especially for the new in-game hud, which they showed in DevDiary#40, looks great xD

jjjj.png.a2931b87eb594ce2a6fb2b705807ee1f.png

Edited by NiDJ01
  • Like 1
  • Yey! 1

Nice changes. Please do this for the gold box dropzone location too, and make the gold box drop something random of 25x crystals, 1000 blue or charges

• Upvote 1

Joined with 2 minutes left in a game. Lost. Ended up losing 16 reputation points and my teleports... like seriously TX...

Edited by RicoViking9000
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, RicoViking9000 said:

Joined with 2 minutes left in a game. Lost. Ended up losing 16 reputation points and my teleports... like seriously TX...

Did it met all the requirements? Just joining with 2 mins left in a battle, doesn't mean you're going to get refunded. 

• What?! 1

What exactly are the requirements? I've read them before  but forget them and don't know which update they were implemented in

Edited by RicoViking9000

Just now, Artcore said:

Did it met all the requirements? Just joining with 2 mins left in a battle, doesn't mean you're going to get refunded. 

This had happened to me before, I joined a battle where there were left 2 minutes and the team I joined was loosing, like 7-1 in CTF mode, and I ended up losing 24 rep points and a whole charge!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Ted_Anag said:

This had happened to me before, I joined a battle where there were left 2 minutes and the team I joined was loosing, like 7-1 in CTF mode, and I ended up losing 24 rep points and a whole charge!

Well, this is actually a problem. Actually, next time, please screen it and send it over. I can't really forward old feedback to the devs,  without also having some sort of proof, or something they can guide on or study. 

Same for you @RicoViking9000

• Upvote 1
  • Back to battle... 2

Allright.. The Tank Destruction Animations are amazing.. Great Job..!!

But I feel The CTF Update is a bad idea.. The Game Spoon Feeds you the Enemy base location.. It discourages map exploration for Newbies..

And the WORST part.. Now.. Once you have the Flag.. YOU CANNOT HIDE... WHY Would you do this to us.. Come on man..
Now.. If both teams have each other's flags.. You cannot hide somewhere and protect the flag.. IT RUINS the strategy of hiding behind cover and avoiding conflict when carrying the flag...
Now you simply have to keep your self in between 2-3 tanks if you don't wanna get rekt while carrying the flag... You simply cannot hide.. Damn.. This is absolutely TERRIBLE..
I'm not sure if you are even helping your new players.. but you are ruining the Strategic game experience of your old players... Especially the Veterans who have been playing and making tactics since years...

This is not "Newbie Friendly".. And why are you even trying to make these changes and attempting to make the game more "Newbie Friendly"..

OMG.. The game already has a Tutorial.. An interface that teaches you about modules and teleportation mechanics.. And also Training matches against AI for practice..
THAT IS SUFFICIENT FOR NEWBIES..

How about you add this "Your base"/"Enemy Base" Indicators to some new Tutorial/Practice mode against AI for Newbies,.. And not to the rest of the matches.. How about.. The indicators disappear after you are in training league coz the enemy bases now have "Jammers" or something.. 

Why do you wish to Spoon feed the Newbies the base locations and stuff as if 5 year olds are playing this game...

Why can't you allow them to learn by their own experience like we all did...

IF There is something you wanna add to the CTF system... Might I suggest the following...

SUGGESTIONS

1. FLAG SCORE should also be as per the AMOUNT OF TIME a Player HOLDS the FLAG:
Currently The "Flag Capturing Score" is counted by how much distance you moved the flag or how many players in enemy team.. I'm not sure.. But if the flag carrier DIES near your base.. And you Take the Flag.. And even if you defend it for 5 min fighting waves of Aggressive enemies, and score after your flag has been retrieved.. The Game DOES NOT Reward you for keeping the flag safe..
THIS CAN BE FIXED If you give player points for the Amount of SECONDS a players holds a flag before capturing.. Then The person keeping the Flag secured WILL ALSO BE REWARDED...

2.Remove the Indicator for "YOUR FLAG" atleast when it is not DIRECTLY in front of you..
This will allow players to "HIDE" and think strategically.. NOT Just the entire team Rushing on to the Enemy Flag carrier..
Or may be Remove the "YOUR FLAG" Indicator Completely.. Coz Enemy Tanks can Jam the flags "distress beacon" or something

3.REMOVE the Indicator for "ENEMY FLAG" WHEN IT IS ON ENEMY BASE.. Because Enemy base should have Jammer or something to prevent the flag being found
This means.. Once your friend carries the enemy Flag.. The Indicator SHOULD APPEAR.. SO THAT THE Team can PROTECT the FLAG CARRIER

4. Get rid of this "Indicator System" Completely and please stop unnecessarily complicating the game lol..
The Game is already pretty solid.. Rather focus on more interesting updates.. like The New Interface, and Tank Destruction Animations,Capture Points, New Game Types, etc...

Edited by Metronidazole
  • Like 3
  • Give this man a medal! 2
  • Thank you! 3
  • Upvote 3
  • What?! 1

I tried to get that new death effect but couldn't. I was playing with titan thunder, the tier one skins equipped, and the tar paint. does one have to wear the green paint? I'm sure I have met the requirements.

5 hours ago, Artcore said:

We added location indicators for:

Seriously??

I won't repeat what's above but even before playing a single match I can say that this ruins my favourite game mode.

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, Artcore said:

1st idea: Good.
2nd idea: Maybe that shouldn't be a thing.

2 hours ago, tomx29 said:

Seriously??

I won't repeat what's above but even before playing a single match I can say that this ruins my favourite game mode.

Well, go play then, before commenting. :) 

1 hour ago, Goodsman said:

1st idea: Good.
2nd idea: Maybe that shouldn't be a thing.

I think I agree. It should at least be much more subtle. 

5 minutes ago, Artcore said:

Well, go play then, before commenting. :) 

I think I agree. It should at least be much more subtle. 

I think, I might get used to it if the notification doesn't intersect with health bar, chat or tab menu, but overall it's something I don't like in a game: it moves around the edge of the screen and distracts from aiming...

I did not like it very much, but I did not think it was a bad change, either. I hate CTF, but with army's race it's hard to capture enemy flag, you can run, but, with few life, so, show to everybody where you are isn't very good. 

But you are trying, this update isn't so bad(philosophizing), because sometimes a enemy can take your flag with wasp or hornet with speed, and know for where him run is very good.

I would like others changes to CTF, change some flag places, in Kungur for example (I think it is Kungur, I don't remember now) the map is unbalanced, while a team have 60-70% of map the other team have 40-30%... this is very bad.

Edited by MatheusVB97

8 hours ago, SiegeBreaker42 said:

I tried to get that new death effect but couldn't. I was playing with titan thunder, the tier one skins equipped, and the tar paint. does one have to wear the green paint? I'm sure I have met the requirements.

You don't necessarily have to use green paint for that, because I've seen the new destruction animation in tanks using other paints too.

4 hours ago, The.Archangel said:

You don't necessarily have to use green paint for that, because I've seen the new destruction animation in tanks using other paints too

so what exactly is the tier one skin line? I just equipped the level 0 skins, or do I need to upgrade my turret and hull to get them?